COLUMBUS, OHIO – The American Dairy Association Mideast announced Guggisberg Cheese, Inc. received the distinction of grand champion at the 2022 Ohio State Fair Cheese Contest.
Based in Millersburg, Ohio, Guggisberg Cheese received both first and third place distinction in the classes of Swiss and other Swiss at the competition.
Urban Stead Cheese of Cincinnati was named reserve champion. It took first place in the mild cheddar and aged cheddar classes, as well as second in the fresh unripened class.
The state fair competition featured 60 entries from cheese makers throughout Ohio. A panel of judges with cheese and dairy expertise decided the winners in a range of classes.
Other first-place winners included:
• Marchant Manor Cheese – surface mold ripened class
• Black Radish Creamery – bacteria ripened class
• Bunker Hill Cheese – fresh unripened class
• Pearl Valley Cheese – open class (cow’s milk)
• Pearl Valley Cheese – open class (flavored)
• Blue Jacket Dairy – open class (other)