ROSEMONT, ILL. – Leprino Foods Company president and chief executive officer Mike Durkin was elected chair of the board of directors at the Innovation Center for US Dairy during the checkoff-founded organization’s first meeting of 2023.
Durkin takes on the role after Schreiber Foods chair Mike Haddad served as the Innovation Center’s chair the past five years. Durkin previously was secretary for the Innovation Center’s board and also chaired its stewardship commitment taskforce in the past.
“This transition begins with our heartfelt appreciation for the tireless commitment, passion and contributions that Mike Haddad provided during his tenure,” said Barbara O’Brien, president and CEO of Dairy Management Inc. and the Innovation Center. “With his deep experience and demonstrated leadership, we are fortunate to have Mike Durkin step into this role as he builds on the legacy and momentum of US dairy’s collective effort. We look forward to his leadership.”
President and CEO at Leprino since 2014, Durkin joined the company in 2011.
The Innovation Center also elected officers at its most recent meeting:
• Vice chair: Dennis Rodenbaugh, Dairy Farmers of America
• Secretary: Brad Anderson, California Dairies Inc.
• Treasurer: Jay Bryant, Maryland & Virginia Milk Producers Cooperative Association
• At-large: Sheryl Meshke, Associated Milk Producers Inc.
• At-large: Ron Dunford, Schreiber Foods