HERNDON, VA. – Attendees at PACK EXPO International 2022 will get to choose this year’s winners of the Technology Excellence Awards.
The awards celebrate innovative solutions from exhibitors in four categories: food and beverage, general packaging and processing, personal care/pharma and sustainability.
PMMI, The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies, which produces the trade show scheduled for Oct. 23-26 in Chicago, announced three finalists in each category, listed below.
Food and beverage:
• Maxpack 2023 MFT 7 Ultimate Range, Maxpack Machinery LLC
• Proxima Tethered Closure, Berry Global, Inc.
• Schoeller Allibert Corona 20-pocket beer crate, Schoeller Allibert
General packaging and processing:
• Amcor Clear Anti-Grease Jerky Pouch, Amcor Flexibles North America
• Forvara Foodservice Films, Specialty Polyfilms (India) Pvt. Ltd.
• IMA Ilapak Vegatronic 6400, IMA S.p.A.
• CueSee Mix / Dual Chambered Device for storage of liquids/powdered/lyophilized components, Eurotrol
• Amcor High-Barrier PCR Pouchstock, Amcor Healthcare Packaging
• Highest speed vibration insensitive compact capsule weight checker, WORK Microwave GmbH
• ClipCombo, Graphic Packaging International
• Recycle-Ready Chevron Pouches, Amcor Healthcare Packaging
• Wave 2cc Dispenser, Berry Global, Inc.
“The industry is constantly innovating to meet the ever-growing needs of consumer packaged goods and life sciences companies in response to growing consumer demands,” said Laura Thompson, PMMI’s vice president of trade shows. “With so much change and innovation in the last few years, we are excited to see all of the cutting-edge technologies at this year’s show and find out which company will stake their claim in each category.”
PACK EXPO attendees can check out all of the finalists’ exhibits during the trade show, and then vote for winners until noon on Oct. 25. Votes can be submitted at the show’s Attendee Solutions Center, via the event’s mobile app or online. PMMI stated that every attendee is encouraged to cast votes for the 2022 Technology Excellence Awards.
More information is available online at the PACK EXPO website.