LAS VEGAS -- The Technology Excellence Awards will return to PACK EXPO Las Vegas and Healthcare Packaging EXPO 2021 according to show producer The Association for Packaging and Processing Technologies (PMMI). The awards recognize exhibitors’ innovative technology that has not previously been shown at a PACK EXPO, which runs from Sept. 27-29 at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
PMMI enlisted professionals in the industry to review submissions and narrow them down to three finalists in each category.
“Our aim is that these awards drive the industry to keep innovating to meet the ever-growing needs of consumer-packaged goods companies,” said Laura Thompson, vice president, trade shows, PMMI. “We are excited to see all of the new technology at this year’s show and find out which company garners the most votes to win each category.”
The finalists for this year’s Technology Excellence Awards are:
- CanReseal Beverage, Canovation, Booth N-9612
- High Speed Case Packer for Thermoformed Trays, Delkor Systems, Inc., Booth C-3814
- KeelClip™1600, Graphic Packaging International, Booth C-2442
- Simpl-Cut®, P.E. Labellers, Booth C-3122
- XPlanar Flying Motion System, Beckhoff Automation LLC, Booth SL-6149
- Partbox, Schubert North America LLC, Booth SU-7651
- HPP In-Bulk Technology, Hiperbaric, Booth SL-6271
- Hygienic Spiral Conveyors, SideDrive Conveyor Co., an NCC Automated Systems Company, Booth SL-6127
- Rocket Rack, Rocket Rack, a Unit of Robroy Industries, Booth SU-7122
- Amcor’s AmSky™ Recycle Ready Pharma Blister Package, Amcor Healthcare Packaging, Booth SL-6631
- CanReseal Personal Care / Cannabis, Canovation, Booth N-9612
- Mono-material Flowpack Flexible Pouch, Zacros America, Inc., Booth SU-7955
Show attendees are encouraged to visit these companies’ booths to see the innovations live during the show, and vote to determine the best of the best among these Technology Excellence Awards finalists. Voting is open to all attendees and will be accessible three ways: online, onsite and via the mobile app, beginning Monday, Sept. 27 at 9 a.m. until noon on Tuesday, Sept. 28.
The Technology Excellence Awards Panelists are:
- Ronald Puvak, Executive Director, Contract Packaging Association
- Matt Reynolds, Editor, Packaging World
- Jane Chase, Executive Director, Institute of Packaging Professionals
- Tim Koers, Packaging Consultant
- Pat Reynolds, VP Editor Emeritus, Packaging World
More than 1,500 exhibitors will showcase the latest new materials, technologies and solutions to address the packaging and processing needs of over 20,000 attendees from 40-plus vertical markets at PACK EXPO Las Vega. With multiple free educational platforms and networking opportunities, the event will provide prospects for exchanging ideas and professional growth.