MADISON, WIS. – The Wisconsin Cheese Makers Association named the members of its board of directors who will begin new terms beginning on July 1.
Steve Bechel of Eau Galle Cheese was reelected as the WCMA’s president.
“It’s a special honor to serve as the president of WCMA again during a time of so much growth,” Bechel said. “With more creative new programming and resources in the works than ever before, it’s an exciting time to be part of this valuable organization.”
Valley Queen Cheese’s Doug Wilke will continue serving on the executive leadership team as first vice president, while Agropur’s Mike Sipple will maintain his role as second vice president.
Nasonville Dairy’s Kim Heiman, a past president, is set to rejoin the executive team as treasurer. Renard’s Cheese’s Chris Renard will remain secretary.
Joining the WCMA’s board of directors for the first time in the upcoming term are Kelley Supply, Inc.’s Greg Alberts and Foremost Farms USA’s Declan Roche.
Decatur Dairy’s Steve Stettler, a past WCMA president, is returning to the board.
The association also announced the members of the board who have served their maximum terms: Tetra Pak’s Graham Archer, Schuman Cheese - Lake Country Dairy’s Gary Gosda, Prairie Farms Dairy’s Linda Lee and Grassland Dairy Products’ Tayt Wuethrich.
Other board members are:
• Mike Neu, Chr. Hansen, Inc.
• Brian Baker, Baker Cheese, Inc.
• Craig Filkouski, Great Lakes Cheese
• Jeff Gentine, Masters Gallery Foods, Inc.
• Thomas Dahmen, V&V Supremo - Browntown
• Richard Guggisberg, Guggisberg Cheese
• Mike Hinrichsen, Associated Milk Producers, Inc.
• Kyle Jensen, Hilmar Cheese Company
• Randy LaGrander, LaGrander’s Hillside Dairy, Inc.
• Tim Omer, Emmi Roth
• Chris Roelli, Roelli Cheese Co., Inc.
• Paul Schafrman, Specialty Cheese Company, Inc.
• Bruce Workman, Edelweiss Creamery LLC
“WCMA’s member companies and cooperatives are at the core of everything we do,” said WCMA executive director John Umhoefer. “Their ideas and feedback push us to strive for excellence and think outside the box to support the continued growth of the dairy processing industry. We’re grateful to those who have devoted their time to lead the organization as directors, and we look forward to working with this year’s new and returning board members."
The WCMA opens its membership to dairy processors, manufacturers, marketers and suppliers nationwide.